Worship time change – 09:15
Year of Canada 150 :
We are continuing to collect church history in the form of articles and/or photos that church members may have. Please lend these to Betty Bracken for compilation. The documents/photos will be returned to you.
This month we are featuring the MacCrimmon homestead and family history.
Photo and family history courtesy of Barbara McCormick
Malcolm MacCrimmon and Isabella landed from Scotland In 1824. They stayed with his sister and family ( Dalhousie) until the spring of 1825 travelling up to Lot 8 Concession 9 Township of Kenyon. They had a family of eight children.
Son Farquhar MacCrimmon purchased the land in 1864. He married Sarah McRae in 1849 and had a family of ten children.
Photo was taken in 1909 at the 25th anniversary of Malcolm F. MacCrimmon and Harriet (nee MacCuaig) Back Row – Malcolm, Farquhar, Roderick, John D., James G., Sitting – Malcolm F., Isabella C., Sarah A., John F., Harriet front door.
The front of the house is an original building with back addition believed built in 1900. Numerous building where the wood shed adjacent to the summer house, garage, hen/ pig pen, grainery/machine shed barn combined/cattle/horses/mow and interior silo.
The farm was passed onto James G. MacCrimmon and Sarabell MacLeod. They had a family of five children.
The farm was passed on to Harold MacCrimmon 5th generation and his wife Janet. Harold has passed away recently and will be missed by his family and many friends.